Wednesday 30 September 2015

My US Work and Travel Journey

Moving from plane to plane made me more excited.What's gonna be like in the US.The weather, the food, the people, the city, the streets....

And finally now from Manila to Louisville Kentucky!!!

In this voyage I gained new friends from different nations, shared our food, tried to speak our language, cracked some jokes, had fun no matter if you're black,white or brown...
I do believe that this is the essence of the cultural exchange program enjoying similarities and accepting differences.

One of the biggest challenge I faced is leaving away with my family, and it's my first time to be away from them as long as 3 months.The mere thought of doing my own laundry,cooking my own food and handling my own expenses make me feel sick.

Then the most exciting part of this program is the TRAVEL!Because I have the chance to visit the places which I just commonly seen in movies.I have the chance to explore Louisville!!


First day sa Louisville, sobrang lamig!!


 Natatandaan ko day off namin ito,tapos dahil nga may bus pass kami na unlimited naman,nag roadtrip kami,tapos pag may magandang lugar or unique na restaurant kaming nakita bumababa kami sa bus,then sakay ulit ng bus pag tapos.Sayang din kasi yung binayad namin sa bus pass for whole month na yun.😂😂😂


With my Roomies! ♥


Annie's 20th birthday celebration!!!🎂🎁🎊🎉


Motivation wall made by yours truly!🙋💟☝


Marbyn's 19th birthday suprise!!🎁🎂🎈🎉



Isa sa sobrang namimiss ko sa US ay yung pag shopping at mga pagkain.


Churchill Downs with Kimmy


Exploring Louisville Downtown!!!


The Big Four Bridge!


I remember when I was talking to my mom on skype and I kept telling her that I couldn’t believe I was here and I couldn’t believe I had the opportunity to experience all that. I was telling myself to remember each moment, and as much as I’d like to capture every step of the trip on camera, I found myself being in a state of awe so often that I forgot about the camera. I found it extremely overwhelming that at age 19, I was able to come and lived in United States (even if it was just for 3 months)  and see all the beautiful places. It was something I definitely wanted to remember forever, and it probably will be remembered forever. 

Until then,
~M♥

No comments:

Post a Comment